About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 29, 2021

Homeward Bound

The weather this weekend was crummy, so we stayed inside and just relaxed. The boys were content to play games and watch movies so I didn't feel compelled to entertain them. I was happy for the down time to get some work done. I'm hoping to go visit my Mom this week, so it was nice to knock a lot off of my to-do list before the trip. 

I haven't been able to visit at my Mom's house since October. When the Covid numbers began to surge in the Fall, we doubled our efforts to stay safe by locking down. It was so hard to be away from her for so long, especially when it meant missing our Thanksgiving and holiday traditions. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the visit. 

Robby has been chomping at the bit to visit with his cousins. I know that he has missed them and is eager to be reunited. The Cousin Crew has been planning, but they don't realize that I have some ideas up my sleeve as well. (With all adults immunized, it is comforting to know that we can be reunited without the fear of somebody dying!) 

We are now counting down the days until our Nana Adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment