About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 26, 2021

Pain Free

 Yesterday was my first full day in my new liner and modified socket. Although I felt the changes through the night in the form of phantom pain, I felt no discomfort during the day. None of my steps were uncomfortable and I didn't feel compelled to remove my leg once. In spite of the phantom pain, I consider this a phenomenal success.

I experience phantom pain whenever my limb undergoes examinations or when any of my components change. I had no doubt that it was going to flare, and that it would likely be intense. I was correct on both counts, Somehow, knowing the cause definitely helped me cope in the middle of the night. I guess it is easier to accept the pain when I can rationalize the source. 

After a few days of rain, today we are supposed to have sunshine and warm temperatures. I can't wait to try out my pain-free leg outside. For the first time in what seems like forever, I feel like I'll be able to keep up with Hamlet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment