About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Big Change

Today is a big day for me. 

I have been an amputee for nearly 18 years. In that time, I have only had one prosthetist. Elliot has seen me through my initial steps, my acceptance to limb loss, my wedding and two pregnancies. I owe a lot to the care that he has provided me, and I will always be grateful for both his talents and his time.

It has taken me a long time to realize that, from a prosthetic perspective, I have become stagnant. I have been dealing with varying levels of discomfort since Timmy was born. I am tired of struggling and I'm tired of juggling to make things work. It is time for a change.

Today, for only the second time since becoming an amputee nearly two decades ago, I will be seeing a new prosthetist. I have known that this change was necessary for about two years, but I have been putting it off. I have felt attached to the individual who provided me with stellar care for all of those years, but that loyalty can no longer keep me from prosthetic comfort. 

I am fortunate to know the prosthetist who I will be seeing today. I have worked with him, on and off, for nearly a decade. I know that I am in great hands and I'm looking forward to his professional perspective on my prosthetic situation. Hopefully, fresh eyes will help me come up with a solution to my prosthetic woes.  

It has taken me a long time to come to today. I'm so excited to start anew and to return to a pain free life. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment