About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Growing UP

I am absolutely loving the spring temperatures! After working through the morning and early afternoon, I managed to unplug and spend a few hours playing outside with Hamlet. After dinner Robby and I hopped onto our bikes and we went for a long bike ride through the neighborhood. It was so nice spending time with each kiddo, unplugged from technology and just enjoying the day. 

Timmy and I spend a lot of time together, but it feels like dedicated time with Robby is dwindling. I miss hanging out with my little Koopa. Yes, I know that he is a teen now and that his spending more time with his friends and by himself is normal. But in my eyes and in my heart, he will always be my sweet little boy. 

He used to spend hours with me baking in the kitchen or walking through the woods. Now he wants to be on the computer or talking with his friends. I miss him. 

Last night, riding and talking, I was so happy to just hang out with him. Hopefully I'll be able to convince him to go on more bike rides with his old Momom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment