About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Another Busy Day

 We had another memorable day. Because the weather wasn't beach worthy in the morning , we decided it was the perfect day to tackle our boat activities. I booked a fishing trip for Robby and Scott while Timmy and I were scheduled for a piratical adventure. 

Unfortunately, the skies opened up as soon as we arrived at the dock. Scott and Robby were able to set sail on their fishing trip because the boat was going away from the storm. The pair weathered the storm in the comfort of an air conditioned lounge within the fishing boat. Timmy and I did not experience the same luxuries.

Our pirate adventure was canceled because of the storms. We were disappointed (and soaked by the time the decision was made), but I tried to make the best of the situation. We took an Uber back to the hotel, dried off and headed to the gym. Timmy thoroughly enjoyed "working out" for nearly 3 hours. 

I continue to be amazed by the graciousness and kindness shown to Timmy by other guests using the gym. He was instructed to not bother anybody at the gym, but that didn't stop him from silently studying and mimicking the workouts. So many people took time to help him with the machines and to answer questions. As somebody who is completely out of my element in a gym, I was so appreciative of their patience and kindness. 

When Scott and Robby came home from their fishing trip and seafood feast, Timmy was dressed and ready to hit the beach. The trio managed to squeeze an hour of fun in the surf before the storms started again. By the end of the day I'm not sure who was more tired, Scott or the kids.

Today we are trying the pirate boat again. The weather is beautiful so it looks like we will set sail. It is our last full day of vacation, and we plan to make the most of it.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment