About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Polluted Pool

As predicted, yesterday was spent working. When I wasn't on my computer I was unpacking, cleaning, cooking and tackling the laundry. Vacations are wonderful, but the preparation both before and after the trip is exhausting!

While I was working the boys were content to just relax in front of their respective electronic devices. I think they both needed some time to unwind and to be quiet. After so much time together, everybody is enjoying their solitude in their respective corners.

This weekend will be spent catching up on everything I didn't take care of during our vacation. I'm hoping that the hot weather holds on for a few more days so that we can use the pool. Our little pool is certainly not as luxurious as the hotel pools, but it has become our summer oasis.

While we were away I worried about the pool water would be green and dirty because the filter wasn't running for nearly a week. Truth be told, I was expecting the water to be green when we arrived home. To my surprise, it was crystal clear. I think I had been overdoing it with chemicals. In my zeal to create the perfect water balance, I was polluting our pool. Lesson learned- less is definitely more.


No comments:

Post a Comment