About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Heading Home

Sigh.  All good things must come to an end, and that includes our vacation. This morning we are visiting the ocean one final time before we pack up and head to the airport. Leaving feels bittersweet, but I know that we have created wonderful memories.

Unfortunately yesterday was not the ideal final day for our adventure. The skies were angry and we were forced inside for much of the day. We tried to go on the pirate boat, but again it was canceled. Needless to say, I had a very disappointed little buccaneer. 

Robby was content to spend much of the day relaxing and playing games on his laptop. I worried that he was bored, but I think he was perfectly happy doing his own thing. He was able to see the ocean from his hotel window and thoroughly enjoyed just being a teen with a laptop.

We did manage to sneak a quick dip in the pool between storms, but the water was cold. We quickly retreated back to our hotel room and relaxed for the rest of the day. We probably should have used the time to pack, but I don't think any of us felt motivated to acknowledge the end of our vacation. 

Because we didn't work yesterday, today we will dash around the room and throw everything into the suitcase before we leave.  I'm sure it will be hectic, but hopefully our trip home with be smooth and event free. Ready or not, we are heading back to reality.







No comments:

Post a Comment