About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 23, 2021

Baking

 I am so thankful that my phantom pain faded through the night and stayed away. Usually my bouts of phantom pain only last for a day, but I'm always nervous that it is going to be along haul situation. Some of my friends suffer terribly with phantom pain and I honestly don't know how they deal with it so gracefully. Even though I experience episodes every few months I am very fortunate!

The absence of pain made me feel both elated and nervous. It was wonderful to not hurt anymore, but I was anxious that the smallest moment would make it return. Experience tells me that it will take a few days before my nerves normalize and I feel completely comfortable again.

The temperatures were cool yesterday, so we spent the day inside. Timmy and I worked in the kitchen prepping a huge tray of fruit salad and s'mores cookies. I love baking with my kids! Even when I'm tired or have other things vying for my attention, I try to take full advantage of every opportunity to spend time in the kitchen with my boys. 

The temperatures are supposed to rise over the weekend, so we will probably spend a lot of time in the pool. I'm looking forward to a few days in the sunshine, playing and just relaxing. The first week back from vacation has been exhausting, and I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment