About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Phantom Pain (again)

I'm not sure of the cause, but yesterday my phantom pain was constant. I wasn't in enough pain to curl into the fetal position and cry, but I was uncomfortable throughout the day. The pain vacillated between sharp shocking jolts and dull twisting throbbing. I tried every trick in my book, but nothing made it go away.

I hate bad leg days! My entire mood is impacted when my limb hurts. Phantom pain is an unwelcome reminder of my vulnerability. Prosthetic issues, weather or a myriad of other situations can quickly render me both in pain and immobile . 

As much as I tried to remain upbeat and happy, I know that my sour mood was on full display. By the middle of the afternoon I stopped feigning contentment. I surrendered to my "bad mood" and tried to stay alone as much as possible. Sometimes being alone is the only real solution.

Late in the evening the pain started to wane. Thankfully I slept through the night and my limb is feeling better today. Hopefully I won't have another flare up for awhile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment