About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Tight Pants

 He sneaked out of the house before I had a chance to wake up this morning so I don't have a photo of his first day of school. Today, Scott starts his 28th day teaching. According to his calculation, and assuming that he is not offered an early retirement option, he only has two more first days (after today) until retirement. 

It is also a monumental day because it is the first time he has worn dress pants since March 12, 2000. He sent me a text this morning, letting me know that they are a tinge snug after wearing comfy pants for nearly 18 months. I have a feeling that the next few days will be full of uncomfortable adjustments.

While Scott is busy in his classroom, I'll be taking the Cousin Crew on one final adventure. They are returning back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. Although their Virginia visit was short, it was nice having them here. With Robby's bedroom re-do, we now have beds for everybody so I'm sure they will be back!

Yesterday the Crew was content to swim and play around the house. Robby and Jacob completed the "One Chip Challenge" which was a lot of fun. (For us, not so much for them.) Even though their mouths burned, both boys were proud to have completed the infamous internet challenge.

In the evening we played BrainFreeze and Bomb. Instead of challenges, I was allowed to draw on their faces (with black eyeliner) each time they lost a round. It was silly and fun, which is the perfect way to feel on a summer evening.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment