About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 13, 2021

Luray

The past few days have been obscenely hot. I'm talking 110 degree heat index hot. Even with a pool, it was difficult to remain comfortable. With a houseful of kiddos stuffed into a warm and muggy house, I knew there was only one solution.

I packed up the kids and we went to Luray Caverns for the day. Inside the caves it is a constant (and extremely comfortable) 54 degrees. As soon as we stepped into the first tunnel, the humidity and the heat were broken. It felt like heaven.

Not only were we able to beat the heat for a few hours, the kids were mesmerized by the beautiful stalagmites, stalactites, and mirrored pools of water. I loved hearing them all discovered a new level of beautiful. If you have never been to Luray Caverns, I encourage you to visit. 

By the time we were finished exploring the Caverns, the heat was beginning to break and the humidity was lifting. We were able to swim in the evening, which especially delighted Timmy. Before bed all of the kids played Bomb, resulting in laughing and fully painted faces.

I am going to miss hearing the giggles in the house when the cousins leave!
















No comments:

Post a Comment