About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Walking Down Memory Lane

 Gulp. 

Yesterday I took Tiffany and Robby on their first college tour. Robby is only entering his sophomore year, but he wanted to accompany Tiffany. She is a senior this year, which does not feel possible. She is starting to feel the stress of the future so I offered to take her to check out my alma mater.

My four years at Kutztown University were incredibly special and, in retrospect, almost magical. I created friendships that have lasted throughout my adult life. Although I am no longer in the career that I intended, the knowledge and skills that I learned continue to help me on a regular basis.

Driving onto my beloved former campus I felt overwhelmed with nostalgia. My days walking through the dorms and to my classes with my friends felt like it could have happened last week. It was as if 30 years had not passed since I was a student. In what felt like a blink of an eye, I went from being the student on campus to the middle aged woman walking around saying, "back when I was here...". 

Wherever the kids end up going to school some day, I hope that they make friendships that last a lifetime and fond memories of their experiences on campus. I hope that they all have the same happy college experience as I was fortunate enough to live.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment