About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Back to Pain

My back has been tender for nearly a week. I am functional but cautious in my movements. Bending or twisting too quickly or at the wrong angle sends twinges of pain through my lower back and down my leg. I've tried ibuprofen, heat, ice and various rubs to little avail. 

Yesterday I was texting my prosthetist and I mentioned my back issues. After going back and forth, we are hypothesizing that my limb has shrunk and that I am sitting deeper into the socket, causing a height difference between my legs. I slipped an insert into the shoe on my prosthetic side to try to even the height and I immediately felt the difference. 

My back is still sore this morning, but the pain feels like the remnant of an issue instead of a nagging problem. I am crossing my fingers that I located the issue and that the twinges will continue to wane. Back pain is miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment