About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

I Hate New Years

 The week between Christmas and the New Year always feels uncomfortable. I feel like the holiday decorations should be cleared because Christmas is over, but I also want to enjoy them through New Years Eve. Part of me is done celebrating and is ready to shutter in for the winter, but the social convention to be jubilant on December 31 is being pushed down my throat. I have always hated New Years!

There is so much pressure around the New Year to "better yourself." Lose weight. Drink more water. Drink less wine. Take these vitamins. Work out. Meditate. Walk. Join a gym. Get a new job. Live your best life. Change yourself. The messages are exhausting and depressing.

At this point in the pandemic, I can't handle the pressure of another major life change. Are there things I want to change? Of course. But I'm also too tired and too overwhelmed to tackle those issues. Instead of making a change my life resolution, this year I am striving to be satisfied with who I am today. In 2022, I want to be enough just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment