About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Shift

 After counting down from 100, it is hard to fathom that Christmas is now only 10 days and 15 hours from right now. My goodness, the time has flown! Despite ample warning, I still feel woefully unprepared. But looking back, I never really feel prepped for Christmas, so using that perspective I guess I am right on track. 

I am making an effort to relax about the holiday this year. I am trying to keep my desire for the "perfect holiday" in check, instead I am focusing on simply enjoying the season. It requires a paradigm shift in my thought processes, but in the end I think it will be better for my mental health. At least, that is what I keep reminding myself whenever I find the holiday anxiety creeping into my thoughts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment