About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Allergy Itching

 These seasonal allergies are throwing me for a loop. As if the sore eyes and running nose weren't uncomfortable enough, my skin has become itchy to the point of my scratching like a junkyard dog. I have been taking antihistamines and lotions to help, but they only mask the first layer of symptoms.

Saturday morning I woke up to discover that my limb was scratched raw. Trying to wear a liner and prosthesis over an open scratch wound is uncomfortable to the 5th degree. I tried to position a layer of gauze between my wound and the sticky silicone liner so I could walk with moderate success. I was able to get around but my steps were both tender and cautious. 

After getting my liner situated over my open scratches, I immediately cut my nails. I had been trying to grow them out, but I worried that I would keep scratching in my sleep. Until the allergies subside, I am safer with short nails (even if the look isn't fashionable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment