About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Cherry Blossoms

 The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, adding a beautiful layer to the landscape. When I first moved to Virginia I was surprised to discover how many cherry blossom trees were used in the landscaping around houses, shopping centers and roads. Virginia in the Spring is certainly beautiful. 

The trees are beautiful when they are in full bloom. Unfortunately I am forced inside every time those pink little blossoms open their petals. It turns out I'm allergic to cherry blossoms. While everybody else is strolling through neighborhoods and snapping photos, I'm wiping my nose and trying to blink the sting from my eyes. 

Robby and Timmy have both developed allergies to cherry blossoms. Poor Hamlet's eyes were bloodshot yesterday. He was miserable with a runny nose and itchy face. Robby was sneezing nonstop every time he walked outside. I guess they will learn to appreciate cherry blossoms from a distance.

Today we are supposed to have rain showers. I know most people in this area are hoping that the showers stay away, or that the rain is light and gentle. I'm rooting for a torrential downpour to wash those little balls of poison off their branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment