About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Home Again

 Last night, our little family went to bed under the same roof. Timmy and Friend were staying with my Mom since Thursday. We had planned for them to stay with her until Saturday, when Scott was going to go and pick them up. Unfortunately, Scott's car ended up in the repair shop for an extended period of time and he was left without transportation. Timmy seemed to be having fun during his Nana time, so we opted to extend his vacation until yesterday evening.

I have no doubt that Timmy (and Friend) had a fun Nana getaway, but I was happy when I could finally hop into the car to bring them both home. The house was so quiet in his absence! Timmy was all smiles when he saw me in the parking lot and greeted me with the biggest hug ever. Friend, who I thought would be all wag, was more reserved. His tail didn't wag and he didn't smile (yes, my dog can smile) until we walked into the house.

Today we will try to get back to normal, although in all fairness I know that is a tough ask. It is hard to get back into the grind after a few days away. I think we all needed our little getaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment