About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Roofing

During a heavy downpour last week we discovered another leak in our ceiling. The small dripping was easily contained by a bowl, but it pushed us to finally act. We have put off getting a new roof as long as possible, but both Scott and I realized that we cannot push it off any longer. We need a new roof, and we need to get it done soon.

We started by calling roofers for estimates. Because I work from home, I am the point person for contact. I hate overseeing household repairs. I am not looking forward to having strangers coming in and out of our home. It feels like they are scrutinizing everything in an attempt to pad the invoice as much as possible. I realize that this is not the goal of every company and every repairman, but it certainly seems like I always fall into the negotiation waltz. 

I recognize that my ignorance makes it easier for unscrupulous repair companies to pad our invoice. I have been talked into more bells and whistles because of blind trust. Roofs are expensive and I cannot afford to make the same mistake. I'm going to spend the next few days researching roofing options so I can't be up sold when the bids start.

I have zero interest in roofing, but I guess I'm about to receive an education. If you have any insights or experience, please let me know. I certainly welcome all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment