About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 04, 2022

Breaking Out

 In a massive shift from my normal weekend routine, I spent Saturday away from the house and family. I left Scott with the kids and went to hang out with a new friend for the day. This was the first time in a very long time, perhaps since Covid, that I spent a solid 8 hours away from home for non-work reasons. I had a great time and came back feeling happier and energized.

I had forgotten how spending time with friends is good for my soul. I become so tangled with household and work responsibilities that I neglect myself. I am a better mom, wife and employee when I carve out some time for myself. Hopefully it won't be a few years before I take a respite from my routine and responsibilities.

Because I spent Saturday away from the house, I paid the price on Sunday. I had to tackle some work projects and housework. After spending nearly 8 hours working on my computer, I logged off and started to tidy the house. So much for feeling relaxed.

Taking a break is great, but the catch-up is frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment