About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Happy Birthday Mom

 Happy Birthday to the most amazing woman I have ever known- my Mom. My Mom is my role model of strength and determination. Her love is steadfast and her devotion to her family is unbreakable. My Mom taught me to push through the tears and to try to find a reason to smile in the middle of the darkest storms. I am lucky to have her as my Mom and my kids are so fortunate to have her as a Nana.

It is safe to say that she has elevated the role of Nana to new levels. All of her grandchildren adore her because she has taken the time to understand all of their interests and hobbies. She always listens, always supports and always has their favorite snacks when they visit.  Whenever Robby and Timmy have exciting news, they can't wait to pick up the phone to share it with Nana. They know that she will always mirror their excitement.

Today my Mom is celebrating a milestone birthday. I wish I could be there to give her a hug and to bake her a cake. Unfortunately, her birthday landed in the middle of an extremely busy week, so today we will have to stick with the phone and video chatting.

Even though I can't be there today, this weekend our family will gather to properly celebrate her. Her house will be full with all of the cousins. I know that the giggling will be loud and sleep will be reduced, but everybody's heart will feel full. She loves it when the house is filled with laughter.

In addition to having the cousins reunited for the weekend, we have planned a family party on Saturday. The extended family will all get together for the event. This will be the first time we have all gathered since the pandemic began and I can't think of a better occasion! 

Happy Birthday Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment