About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Arriving Home

Travel often changes people. It opens up your eyes to history and other cultures. From looking at the photos, I believe that this is the case for Robby. I watched his growth over the week. At the beginning of the tour he looked like a happy teen. Now he is holding himself differently in the photos.  

He has matured during the past week. I'm sure that part of that is from the travel, but I suspect that it is primarily due to the nature of his tours. It would be hard to visit such fierce battlefields without emerging unchanged. I'm glad that he has had this experience, and this unique perspective. I knew that the trip would change him, but I didn't anticipate being able to witness the transformation through photos from abroad.

After 11 adventure filled days, Scott and Robby will arrive home tonight. To say that they have been missed would be an understatement. While Timmy and I had fun by ourselves, the house was eerily quiet. I will be happy to have everybody back under the same roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment