About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Same Roof

 It is wonderful to have everybody waking up under the same roof. Luggage is strewn through the living room and bedrooms and souvenirs are littering the kitchen table.  Sleep schedules and meal times are wonky because of the time change, but I know that will sort out quickly. I am also perfectly aware that I will probably be wishing for more space and quiet in a few days, but for right now I am content with the chaos. 

The boys had a fabulous adventure. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at their photos and hearing their stories.  What they experienced was transformative and they both emerged from their adventure changed. It is one thing to learn about the battles and the holocaust. Standing in that hallowed ground is something completely different. 

With everybody back home, we will slowly settle into our summer schedule. Laundry will be attacked over the weekend, and slowly all of the souvenirs will be put in their new homes. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy hearing the sounds of everybody being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment