About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Gamers

While all the boys are enjoying their summertime schedule, I feel like it is kicking me in the rear. In order to get all my work done and have time to play during the afternoon I have been waking up early. By the time they roll out of bed at 10 I have already logged nearly 5 hours. Hopefully my body will adjust quickly. I'm exhausted!

Today we are going to have rain throughout the day. I woke up early to play through the afternoon but I don't see that happening today. I have a feeling that the boys will have to be content with indoor activities, which usually means computers and copious amounts of snacks. 

Slowly over the years our bedroom sitting room has been transformed into a computer lab. Scott, Robby and now Timmy have designated desks with their assigned computers. With three desktops humming and mouses clicking, I don't spend a lot of time in the room anymore. Three desktop computers make a lot of heat and a lot of noise.

Yesterday all of the boys were busy playing their respective games when Timmy suddenly became upset. (He wasn't in a full-blown gaming rage, it was more sad and disappointed.) It took a few moments to get him calmed down, but I finally learned what happened. He was playing a burger restaurant game because he enjoys creating new menu items. Somebody came into his restaurant and ordered a burger with 10 boxes of cheese. (Apparently that was an important detail.) As he was unwrapping the cheese and putting it on the burger, this character took all of his cash.

Upon hearing about the incident, Robby quickly logged off his game and hopped onto Timmy's game.  Within a minute Robby had the assailant identified and isolated. He logged into the same game server on his own computer and, working with Timmy, they managed to recover everything within 90 seconds. I have a feeling that Robby will always be Timmy's protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment