About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Roofing

In a few hours our new roof will be installed. This has been needed for a very long time. Scott and I have lamented needing a new roof for several years, with our anxiety deepening with every rain storm. It will be nice to no longer fear precipitation!

The roofers started early (arriving at 6) to beat the heat of the day. Suddenly our weather went from mild to obscenely hot. It would be a miserable day to be on a roof. I don't blame them for starting at sun up, although I do wish we had known to expect such an early morning doorbell. 

My ears are ringing with the constant banging, but I know that we will be happy and relieved when the work is complete. Scott and I have a list of everything that we would like to address before we put the house on the market next year. It looks like this will be the summer of home improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment