About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 06, 2022

What a Weekend!

Traditionally, this past weekend has been Robby's favorite of the year. He adores the WWII weekend and anticipates it with the same excitement as Christmas. This year did not disappoint. From the weather to the exhibits, he was truly in his element. 

I continue to be astounded by his near encyclopedia knowledge of military history. With growing confidence, he approached the exhibits and struck up conversations with the reenactors. I did not understand much of the content I overheard, but I did glean enough to realize that Robby was holding his own in the conversation. I could tell that many of the exhibitors were as impressed as me. 

While we were with Robby in the 1940s, Timmy woke up early and prepared to run his first 5k with his Aunt Sheri. I was looking at the clock and wishing that I could be there to cheer him on when Robby's phone rang with a FaceTime. I was near to giddy when the video screen opened to a side view of my sweaty Hamlet running. With my sister running next to Timmy while holding her phone, I was able to cheer him on as he ran his final lap. I am grateful that I was able to experience him crossing his first finish line. 

As if the World War II weekend and Timmy's first 5k weren't enough excitement, Saturday was also a special day for my sweet baby niece Tiffany. She graduated from high school with high academic honors. I am so incredibly proud of her. Although I couldn't be at her graduation, I was secure in the knowledge that Timmy would cheer enough for us both. 










No comments:

Post a Comment