About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Eaten Alive

This week hasn't shaped up as we planned. On Monday I ended up covered by a biting ant tsunami, forcing me to streak down the road in an attempt to flee. Yesterday we discovered that our chimney is still leaking, despite thousands of dollars of work and countless hours of Scott and Robby toiling on the roof. I saw the rain start to cascade down the inside brick and I just broke down. 

While I was holding my chocolate filled tampon box (my secret stash that I keep guarded in the bathroom) while sobbing in the bathroom, I felt like I reached a new low. I washed my face, grabbed some towels and started to mop the floor. After photos were taken and the rain was dried, Scott and I scoured the internet for new solutions. We have calls in to a few different chimney repair companies. Hopefully somebody will be able to help!

This morning I woke up with an itchy and inflamed rash on the outside of my residual limb. I am assuming that it is a pain remnant of my ant encounter, but it could just as easy be the result of mosquitoes. Whatever bit my limb, they treated themselves to an all-you-can-eat-buffet. My leg is covered!

I expect today to be uncomfortable at best. My liner is only making the itching intensify, and it is driving me crazy! Any suggestions to deal with the itching?

No comments:

Post a Comment