About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 22, 2022

5 Boxes

 I worked throughout the weekend yet but, looking around, my efforts are not entirely visible. I'm trying to not feel discouraged by the monumental task of prepping our home, but it is difficult to remain motivated against such an overwhelming mountain of stuff. I am trying to stay focused on the positive. The stack of 5 boxes that have been filled and set out for donationvdoesn't look like a lot, but it is no longer in our home so I consider it a success.

When I wasn't purging our closets and cabinets I was on the couch working. I managed to get a lot done in preparation for the upcoming week, so I am starting today feeling ready. It is always an easier start to the week when I use some time during the weekend to get things in order. Working from home is a benefit I don't take lightly. Unfortunately, it also means that sometimes my weekends are absorbed by projects and prep work.

This is Robby and Timmy's final week of summer. I am trying to not panic about the stress that will be piled on starting next week. I know what to expect, and I know that the anxiety that comes from looming due dates and school projects will wane as we all adjust to the school schedule. I'm not looking forward to the transition time. 

Alas. We have a few days left of summer freedom. I plan to push thoughts of school out of my mind until classes start. Panicking right now won't help anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment