About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Suspension Frustrations

 My leg fit has been running hot and cold. Either the leg fits perfectly and I feel comfortable all day or I can barely walk because of the pain. When it hurts there is little I can do to help mitigate the culprit. I am frustrated because I know the entirety of the issues lie with my suspension system. 

I am actively shrinking out of this socket, which is causing it to become too big and unwieldy as the day progresses. As my limb shrinks it is taking up less volume, compromising the ability of my liner to create a significant seal within the socket. I never really know if or when the suspension seal is going to break so I am constantly guarded when I walk. It is becoming exhausting!

Tomorrow I am going back to the prosthetist. I'm hoping that we can come up with a livable solution. I am tired of always being worried when I walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment