About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

New Mattress

 I thought I had worked ahead enough to allow for a relatively calm Monday. Sometimes the fates just don't align with plans. I was slammed from the moment I woke up until the sun started to set. Unlike most days, it felt like everything that hit my inbox was time sensitive and needed addressed immediately. I shudder to imagine the chaos had I not worked over the weekend.

When I wasn't working at my job I was toiling around the house. Scott and I invested in a new bed and it was delivered yesterday. Excited to alleviate our nagging back aches we decided to set it up last night. True to tradition, our quick "let's set it up now" project extended into a several hour ordeal necessitating some band aids. Nobody ended up in tears or en route to the hospital, so the swap was a success.

Of course, setting up a new bed means that the other one had to be dismantled and stowed. Thank goodness we had the junk hauler last week because our storage places are filling again. Our old bed frame, mattress and box spring are now perched against the walls in the basement, waiting for another visit from the hauler.

While yesterday was busy today should be calm. I have no meetings on my calendar so I am optimistic that I will be able to spend some time hanging out with the boys. After all, this is the last week of summer vacation and I want to finish strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment