About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 26, 2022

Summer Wrap Up

 Happy Friday!

This is the last workday of the boys' summer vacation. On Monday I will revert from the summer to the school year schedule. I am fully prepared for a shock to our system as we all readjust to the new demands. I know that it will take a few weeks for us to find our flow and that I need to just keep trudging along until the load lightens. 

This summer was unique because of the amount of traveling involved. Robby and Scott's trip through Europe certainly monopolized most of the energy and activities through the beginning of June as they prepared for their adventure. After they returned we went to Florida and then to the Poconos. Memories were made in the past few months that we will all cherish for life.

Even though I know that resuming our school schedule will be taxing, I think both boys are eager (although they will never admit to it) to return to a more structured day. While they have both enjoyed the "no clock needed" summer attitude, returning to school will certainly provide more continuity through the day. 

This weekend will be dedicated to preparing the boys for their classes. I need to make sure that the printer is operational and that their spaces are ready to go for Monday morning. But first, today I am going to see my prosthetist for an adjustment. I am hoping to start the new school year adventure in complete comfort.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment