About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 19, 2022

Junk and Ceilings

When the junk hauler pulled into the driveway, I was impressed by the size of the hauling trailer. Even though he told us the dimension, I am not one who can visualize numbers. It wasn't until it was sitting in my driveway that I realized how much junk could leave the house. I admit to being more than a little excited! 

I'm embarrassed to admit that we filled the junk trailer. Not only did we fill the trailer to the brim, but I wasn't able load everything because we ran out of room. I guess that is what happens when you've lived in a home for nearly 20 years. Even though the job isn't complete, it feels amazing to have a large trailer of junk removed from my home. 

Our good weather days are going to be replaced by a few days of rain. I'm praying that the sealant we applied to the chimney will work. After getting a new roof, a new chimney cap and repointing, I am beyond frustrated that the rain still drips from our ceiling. Every time I look at the damaged ceiling I feel ill. 

Scott and I are so embarrassed by the damaged ceiling that we avoid inviting friends over to the house. As soon as we know the leak has been stopped we can progress to repairing the damage. I can't wait to entertain again. Fingers crossed- this weekend should reveal whether or not the sealing worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment