About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Roller Blading

I am loving this cooler weather! I spent several hours yesterday outside playing and walking with Timmy and Friend. Despite being August I am seeing more signs that summer is waning and that autumn is around the corner. The leaves are beginning to yellow and some of our hickory trees are beginning to shed their nuts. (I think I even saw pumpkin spice coffee creamer at the grocery store so it must be cool weather official.)

Today is supposed to be just as beautiful and I plan to take advantage of every moment by helping Timmy master his new skates on outside. He wore out his last set (the wheels came off) because skating is now his preferred mode of transportation. Inside or outside, he can usually be located by simply listening for the skates. This new pair of skates can be converted to roller blades which is an upgrade that Timmy finds very exciting. 

He has never been on roller blades, but he has never been deterred by the lack of experience. As soon as he saw that the skates had the option of converting to blades he asked for the swap. His newly configured roller blades (along with his helmet) are sitting by the front door, ready to go on their inaugural ride. Robby and I will be standing in as balance poles today until he gains his center of balance which hopefully won't take long. Timmy is pretty skilled at anything that requires controlling wheels underneath him.


No comments:

Post a Comment