About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Junk Hauling

My little roller bladder made astonishing progress in a single day. He went from not being able to stand in his blades to zooming through the living room without an issue. He handled falls by standing quickly and screaming "ta da" before skating away. Without question, he is my little daredevil athlete. I am impressed that he has never broken a bone. (Fingers crossed!)

While Timmy is busy skating through the living room I am going to solicit Robby's help outside. We have a junk hauler coming this evening and I want to get ready. Since the price is the same regardless of amount, I plan to fit as much into the truck as possible. I am not proud of it, but I am nearly giddy with the prospect of getting the crap out of the yard and house. I never thought that a junk haul would cause me so much excitement. I suppose this is another indication of my life stage.

With Scott eyeballing retirement, we are starting to act more thoughtfully around the house. We are in the process of fixing up and decluttering. As we were looking around the house both Scott and I felt overwhelmed by the task ahead. We decided to work methodically and consistently over this school year to ready the house for retirement. 

The junk hauler comes today and the donation truck comes on Monday. We are trying to work on one household project, whether it be little or big, every weekend. We aren't trying to fix everything at once, but knocking small things off the list can make a big difference. At least, that is the plan.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment