About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Still Waiting

 Another 24 hours has passed and the highly anticipated stone has yet to make her arrival. The wait is torture- literally. Over the past two days I have experienced a type and a depth of pain that I have been fortunate enough to avoid during my lifetime.

 I have endured over 30 surgeries, including an amputation. I have also birthed two children. Unfortunately, these experiences don't insulate me from other medical issues and pain. This (these) kidney stone(s) have been debilitating! While my experience with pain has not shielded me from the experienced, I do feel better equipped to ride the waves of agony when they roll through. I've learned that meditation and deep breathing can help with all types of pain, not just surgical or phantom. 

Hopefully today the stones will make their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment