About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Sick Day

 Yesterday was such a good day!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous at an unseasonably warm 70 degrees with bright blue skies. Friend and I spent hours running (him not  me) and strolling through the neighborhood to take full advantage of our sneak peek at Spring. Thankfully my leg felt fantastic so I was able to do everything I wanted without hesitation.

Because Timmy has had a rough few days I decided to surprise him with a picnic lunch. While he was in school I sneaked to Chick-fil-a and stocked up on nuggets and fries. By the time he was logging off for lunch the picnic table was set up, ready to host our first picnic of the year. There is nothing quite like an impromptu picnic to lift your spirits. 

Yesterday was a good day.

Today is already shaping up to be the opposite. The sky is grey and heavy with rain so we won't be playing outside. Actually, we won't be playing at all. Timmy woke up early with a high fever. My little Hamlet is down for the count. 

It looks like today is a sick day.





No comments:

Post a Comment