About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Martian Land

Timmy had a great birthday. He was showered with love throughout his school day, making him feel special and appreciated by his friends and classmates. In the evening we went for Hibachi and enjoyed ice cream cake. His presents, primarily space themed this year, were a huge hit. He is especially delighted with the 100 acres of martian land that Rob bought for him. He is quick to tell anybody who will listen that he is a martian land owner.  

While we had a great time celebrating Timmy, today my focus is shifting to my mom. She is having surgery in a few hours. My sister will be taking her to the hospital and I'll be driving to PA after Timmy is done with his morning classes. We are planning on staying with her for about a week with the flexibility of changing if necessary. 

I feel a great deal of anxiety as I am watching the clock tick down to her surgery. I recognize that a knee is not a life-threatening procedure but I worry anytime anesthesia is involved. Please send her some good thoughts or prayers if you are so inclined.  I'll post updates after the surgery.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment