About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 24, 2023

Happy Birthday Hamlet

 Another hectic and wonky week lies ahead. Tomorrow morning I am packing up the boys and heading to PA to be there for my Mom's surgery. I plan on staying for a week but (thankfully) I am flexible and I can stay longer if she needs more assistance. My Mom and her recovery will be the focus for the next few days, but today is all about my Timmy.

My sweet Hamlet is 9 today! It is hard to believe that my tiny preemie is now a strong, weight-lifting, dirt digging, dog loving, speed chasing, thrill seeking, slightly feral 9 year old boy. He certainly keeps me on my toes with his endless energy and curiosity. His perspective and observations often leave me speechless for a retort. 

Timmy brings a smile to everybody around him. His loving spirit is contagious and he has become a sought after peer partner in his class. The giggles that echo from his room during the day remind me that he is a happy little boy who is thriving in school. After a rocky medical start, he has defied the odds.

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Little Hamlet. I love you to the moon and beyond. I am a better person because I get to be your mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment