About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Chaotic

I spent yesterday chasing my tail. Going away for a few days always leads to chaos, but this time it has been compounded because the trips were so frequent. We only had a few days home from Ohio before I packed up to head to PA and then DC. Trying to maintain continuity for Timmy's school has been difficult with the traveling, and we have at least one more trip before the end of the year. Next week my Mom is having surgery so I will be going to PA to help out for a week or more. Until all of our trips are done, I think I am going to acquiesce to the chaos and accept that I am doing my best. 

Next week is going to be both busy and chaotic. First and foremost, Timmy's birthday is on Monday. It is hard to believe my little Hamlet is going to be 9! Because my Mom's surgery is on Tuesday we have been struggling with where to celebrate his birthday. We decided to stay home and to travel to PA on the morning of her surgery. That way Timmy gets to see Scott and the cats on his special day. 

On Tuesday my Mom has her surgery and I will assume my role as nurse as she recovers. We are hoping that both the surgery and the recovery will be mild, but we won't know until the surgeon knows precisely what needs to be done. I'm planning to stay for a week with the flexibility to leave earlier or later if necessary. 

In the meantime, I need to try to return my house to some semblance of order before I pack up again. Looking at the clutter around me, it is not going to be an easy task!



No comments:

Post a Comment