About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 17, 2023

DC

Well, my quest for routine has been shattered. While I have learned to appreciate the value of continuity, I continue to embrace opportunities and adventure. This morning I am waking up in a hotel room in DC, preparing for a memorable two-days on Capital Hill. Timmy is waking up at my Mom's, who has graciously offered to transform a bedroom into a virtual classroom for two days. (Robby is at home and will probably sleep until the last possible moment.)

I drove Timmy to my Mom's house on Saturday afternoon. We hung out and just relaxed in the Spring weather. My Sunday plans were foiled when my sister developed a fierce migraine, so I switched gears and pulled up some carpet in my Mom's living room. (Her elderly dog has been having accidents. The carpet is scheduled to be replaced but is, of course, on back order.)  

After cleaning up from the carpet pull, I packed up and headed into DC. I don't have my first meeting until noon today, but I wanted to avoid the stress of traffic by settling in before I had any obligations. Originally I was only going to stay a single night but my Mom and Scott convinced me that I would be happy for the decision to go early. 

Waking up this morning in DC, I have to say that they were right. Last night was the first time since before the pandemic that I have been completely alone for the entire night. The silence was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment