About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Returning to Normal

Returning to normal was as tumultuous as I anticipated. All three of "my boys" lamented returning to school, making the morning miserable for everybody. In reality, they were making the morning miserable for me because they were already in that state. Despite their best efforts, I managed to rally and send Scott off to work with a yahoo and a hoot. He was not amused by my celebratory cheers.

The day was spent working, organizing and trying to unpack. Even though we were only gone for a few days, the amount of stuff we brought with us on our trip and acquired while we were away is staggering. Carrying in the van full of boxes and bags, I couldn't help but remind myself that we are supposed to be purging, not accumulating. 

The weather has been beautiful and Friend and I spent most of my free time outside walking. After being in such tight quarters for a week, I'm relishing the open space and the solitude. Thank goodness for reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment