About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Advocacy Wrap-Up

 I had an amazing day on Capitol Hill. Although it was a long morning and afternoon, I arrived home in the evening feeling the comfortable exhaustion that comes after a sense of achievement. Do I think I moved the needle? Probably not. But I was able to relay the stories and the issues facing the community, so I will consider that a success (for now).

Not only was it exhilarating to return to advocacy, I felt the familiar comfort that comes from being with my amputee friends. Even though we entered the initiative as strangers, I left with my contact app full of new friends. I had forgotten the liberation that I feel when the able-bodied people in the room are the oddities. In a room full of amputees, I get a reprieve from being the singular one in every room and situation. 

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment