About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 05, 2023

Back to the 1940s

 Another WWII Weekend has come and gone. It is hard to believe that this is was our 10th show. Robby has certainly changed over the past decade, but his love of this event has never waned. It was odd glancing him watching the reenactments. I saw the same glint in his eyes that shone when he was at 7. Sigh. He is growing up way too quickly!

While Scott, Robby and I were at the event, Timmy was hanging out with my mom and his cousin Jared. I was worried about his staying behind because it is only six weeks after my Mom's surgery, but she was getting around great and Timmy really did not want to go to the show. It turns out that my worrying was not necessary. Everybody came through the weekend unscathed and happy - albeit tired. 

Timmy spent his weekend reading books about space, playing with Friend and hanging out with his cousin Jared. Timmy has always looked up to Jared and delighted with the one-on-one attention. He was especially excited when Jared helped Timmy to forge his own coin. Talk about exciting! He is so lucky to have such wonderful cousins to support and love him.  

Yesterday afternoon we left the Reading event, picked up Timmy and Friend from my Mom's house and headed back to Virginia. We were all tired from the sun and the activities. This morning everybody is still sleeping because they are on summer vacation. I woke early to take advantage of the quiet hours to work.  

Welcome to summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment