About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Hot Hot Hot

 Yesterday was spent playing chauffeur to the boys. Between Ninja Tumbling and Guitar/Band, I was driving non-stop short distance trips all day and into the evening. They both adore their activities so, while the constant driving becomes weary over time, seeing their smiles and hearing them chatting about their experiences makes it worthwhile. 

When I wasn't driving I was inside. My ill-fitting socket combined with the excessive heat makes wearing my prosthesis for long periods of time impossible. After I am outside for more than an hour I start to piston out of my socket because of the lubrication provided by the sweat. I've tried every remedy from my arsenal and I even included a few new ones but, so far, nothing has solved the issue. The only way I can continue to walk comfortably and safely right now is under the comfort of our air conditioning. 

Considering that we don't have a pool and it is absolutely miserable outside, I am not devastated that I have a solid excuse for staying cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment