About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Rocket Launch

 Yesterday Robby woke up with a cough and a fever (again), forcing us to reschedule his guitar lesson and band rehearsal. I'm not sure why this summer cold won't seem to go away, but the kiddo has been dealing with it on and off for over a month. He recovers enough to have fun and resume a normal life for a few days before it returns. I know he is becoming as frustrated as me.

With Robby feeling icky and the temperatures high with miserable humidity, we stayed inside for most of the day. We did venture out during the afternoon for the much anticipated rocket launch. Timmy and Scott have been working on their rocket throughout the summer and yesterday the winds were still enough for the inaugural launch. To everybody's delight, it was a success!

The weather this summer has been miserable with few days of sun and heat. Today is one of those days I wish I had a pool! Instead, I'll probably pull out the water guns and balloons for a good old-fashioned wet throw-down with the boys.










No comments:

Post a Comment