About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Splash!

 We may not have ready access to a pool this summer, but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun in the water. Thanks to Nana (my Mom) a ginormous splash pad arrived at our front door. It did not take much convincing for me to set it up as soon as it was unpacked. With the humidity in the 80% and temperatures in the high 90s, the splash pad felt like an oasis in this sweltering desert.

Timmy and I spent over an hour playing in the new splash pad. It was perfect! Somehow, my Mom still knows exactly what we all need.

Today will be another hot one, which means we will be quartered off to keep cooling costs down. I'm sure that the splash pad will be turned on and used throughout the day. It isn't a pool, but it is definitely the next best thing.  When I'm not in the splash pad with Timmy I'll be in the back bedroom, trying to stay cool. My leg does not stay on in this heat!

When the temperatures go above 90, my ability to maintain suction within my socket becomes severely compromised. Coupled with the fact that the socket is too big and it isn't a fantastic fit in the best circumstances, walking in this heat has been practically impossible. I walk Friend early in the morning before the temperature rises, but once it heats up my walking is compromised. Robby calls it "clown foot syndrome" which is a cute way of explaining that I am literally walking out of my leg, causing a farting sound. 

I'm definitely not made for this type of heat!





No comments:

Post a Comment