About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Merry Christmas!

 Another Christmas has come and gone. This season has been one of modifying traditions and going with the flow. I should not have been surprised by the unexpected curve ball courtesy of Covid. My nephew came down with Covid, exposing the entire household in Pennsylvania. Because of the recent and active exposure, my Mom and sister were not able to visit us for Christmas. Yet again we were forced to celebrate separately because of Covid.

Despite the pivot from large family feast to intimate gathering, Christmas was a success. Both boys were delighted with their surprises. I was worried but it seems that Santa magic has survived another year. Timmy was delighted with his presents and seemed firm in his resolve that they were provided by Santa. 

Robby transitioned from Believer to Magic Maker Apprentice several years ago. This year he was responsible for hiding Timmy's presents and assembling his stocking. He took his responsibilities seriously and knocked it out of the park! I was so proud when I realized that Robby even ate the cookie and disposed of most of the milk.

This week everybody is on vacation (except for me). I am not anticipating a relaxing week between Christmas and New Year but I am hoping to have some fun. Christmas may be over, but there is still a lot of time to celebrate!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment