About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 02, 2024

New Year

Despite being nearly one week after Christmas I was finally able to celebrate the season with my mom and sister. Covid swept into their home before Santa, leaving germs and forcing a not-so-festive quarantine. We waited a few days after the last negative test before heading north, but we were all eager for our seasonal get together. I may have missed Christmas but I'm so glad that we were there for New Year. 

We were planning on going to watch the pickle drop on New Years Eve but the rain changed our plans. Instead of going to the countdown we ate junk food, played games and watched television. It may not have been as exciting as those partying in Times Square, but the kids had fun and celebrated 2024 with giggles and laughter.  

It was a quick trip to Pennsylvania because everybody returns to school today. I know that the transition from vacation to work is always difficult but I am happy for the return to normal. The Christmas decorations have already been packed away, the tree is in the woods and the presents have all been unboxed and put into use. The holiday is officially offer.

Typically I mourn the end of the holiday season. This year I celebrated the tinsel removal. It was a difficult season and I'm glad that it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment