About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Raccoon Encounter

Yesterday morning Friend and I had quite a fright when we went out on our morning walk. He started to whine to go outside early but I figured it was a nice day and that he just wanted to play. As soon as I opened the door he took off galloping towards the side yard. He pulled so quickly that my arm was thrown up into the door frame, bruising my wrist. 

Friend continued to pull sled dog style towards the side yard as I quickly retracted his leash to pull him closer to me. As soon as I got him to my side an extremely fat and aggressive raccoon sauntered out from under the wheelbarrow.  While Friend was eager to make an acquaintance, the raccoon reared up and started to scream. We were close enough to see his menacing claws.

I scooped up Friend who was barking and squirming to go play with his new furry buddy. The raccoon and I screamed at simultaneously as I stood still holding my frantic pup. Slowly the raccoon stood down, turned and sauntered back into the side yard. 

I understand that the raccoon has every right to live in the woods, but I am a little concerned with the aggression in the middle of the morning. Today I'm going to research ways to make the woods more inhospitable for raccoon habitation. If you have any tips, please send them my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment