About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 08, 2024

Socks and Liners

Although Hamlet is frustrated and sad about our lackluster winter, I have to admit that Friend and I are content with the happier temperatures. It feels like early April outside. Even the flowers are starting to peek out of the ground. Of course, next week we are anticipating another snow storm, so they will probably be shocked back into the soil.

Snow or no snow, today is going to be gorgeous. My leg is not feeling fantastic. I'm continuing to lose weight which is causing my socket to become floppier fitting by the day. I had a nice little system of pads which was functional and keeping me comfortable. Something has changed over the past few days and now my adaptations are no longer working. 

I'm sitting on the couch this morning with my box of blister band-aids and a variety of socks, pads and liner segments. I'm hoping to find a new combination that allows me to continue to walk comfortably. I know the only true solution is getting a new leg, but that process is so frustrating. Of course, not being able to walk comfortably is more aggravating.

No comments:

Post a Comment